Fees and tuition are subject to change by action of the University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents and the Wisconsin Legislature. The actual costs for each academic year are available through the Bursar’s Office. Consult the Bursar’s website at or the Office of Graduate Studies website at


Minnesota and Wisconsin have a reciprocity agreement. Minnesota students may pay in-state Minnesota tuition and fees to attend public universities in Wisconsin. Students must apply directly to the Minnesota Higher Education Coordinating Commission, Suite 901, Capitol Square, 550 Cedar Street, St. Paul, MN 55101.

Non-Resident Tuition Waivers

A limited number of non-resident tuition waivers are available on a competitive basis to recipients of graduate assistantships. Recipients of waivers are responsible for resident fees.

Other Financial Aid

In addition to graduate assistantships, several other grant or aid programs are available. These include Perkins Loans, Stafford Loans, or University work/study awards. Students defined as minority group members may apply for Advanced Opportunity Grants or Wisconsin Indian Student Assistance Grants. For more information, contact the Financial Aid Office at 920-465-2075.